IROA®100 for Yeast and Fungi Metabolic Profiling
Product Name : IROA®100 for Yeast and Fungi Metabolic Profiling
Catalog Number : 100-50
Unit Size : 50mL x 2
Kit Price : $1500.00
Description of the Kits - Overview
The IROA® Quantitation Kits supplied with Minimal or YNB media and energy sources provide all of the reagents necessary for the successful labeling, quantitation and identification of biochemical compounds in many cell populations when combined with sample preparation and mass spectrometry (MS). The IROA® protocol utilizes metabolic incorporation of uniquely stably-labeled (non-radioactive) carbon sources produced especially for IROA Technologies, provided with either YNB or Minimal media. The kits are designed to quantitate metabolic differences between two groups of cell populations, a Control group and an Experimental group. The Experimental group is typically either treated with a stimulus or stressor or genetically modified.
IROA Catalog # 100-50: Yeast Nitrogen Base w/ U-13C6 Glucose w/o AA
Yeast Nitrogen Base (YNB) is a well defined media containing salts, vitamins, and a nitrogen source for the growth of selected strains of yeast with the addition of a carbon energy source. For convenience, each isotopically-defined medium has been provided as a 50 mL solution, pH5.4, containing 1.0 g of glucose.
YNB medium PLUS carbon energy source:
D-glucose (U-13C, 95% and 5%)
- IROA® 12C Biochemical Labeling mix: 50 mL YNB containing 1.0 g of 5% 13C labeled glucose
- IROA® 13C Biochemical Labeling mix: 50 mL YNB containing 1.0 g of 95% 13C labeled glucose
- Thumb-drive with Product Insert – kit instructions
- IROA ClusterFinder™ Software download instructions (provided with kit purchase)
Storage: It is recommended to store media at +4° C and all other components at room temperature. Store amino acid mix protected from light. All components are shipped at ambient temperature.
Intended Use: For research use only. Not intended for commercial purposes or for animal or human therapeutic or diagnotic use.
IROA Technologies’ Kits are supplied with:
- D-glucose (U-13C, 95% and 5%) and amino acid mix (U-13C, 95% and 5%) made for IROA Technologies by Cambridge Isotopic Laboratories (CIL)
- DynaGuard 0.2 µm mixed cellulose ester syringe filters (sold by Spectrum Laboratories, Catalog number: DG2M-110-200)
Additional Materials Required
- Rapidly growing cells adapted to YNB Media